DG (POSTS) PLI No 29-4/DPLI/MR/2011-LI (Pt) Dated 20th March 2012
A meeting with Staff Association was held at 1200 hrs on 06.03.2012. The list of officers and members of Association who attended the meeting is annexed.
The issues discussed in the meeting are as under:-
1. The issue of computerization of Office of DPLI was discussed in detail. The staff side was informed that in 2008 -09 all the data residing in the Circles were transferred to the National Data Centre. Now all data including data of Army Postal Service, reside centrally in National Data Centre. The National Data Centre (NDC) has connectivity to all the Circles, Regions, Divisions and Head Post Offices through Wide Area Network (WAN). NDC is accessible from any point in the country also through fixed IP address/VPN address. All schedules are uploaded to the National Data Centre from the Head Offices. All statements /information can be generated if access is provided to NDC. In this background and facility now available, all the data required by O/o DPLI Kolkata for Financial Review, Revenue Accounts and Balance Sheet, Actuarial Valuation and all other work pertaining to office of DPLI can now be generated by office of DPLI without calling for any information in hard copy from the Circles. Required Software for enabling this facility had been prepared by the NIC and circulated to all concerned including O/o DPLI for evaluation and feedback.. Difficulties reported in using the software are being removed, and suggestions incorporated.
2 Keeping in view the centralized date structure, the Office of DPLI, Kolkata would generate statements for their day to day working. Work in O/o DPLI Kolkata can now be done without resorting to any manual operations like, making entries in Registers, Cross- checking figures and writing out correspondences, etc. For these operations only some minimum number of officials would now be required. Remaining officials would therefore be utilized elsewhere for other work relating to PLI/RPLI. As we are working in a competitive environment with 24 other life insurance companies in the market, productivity of these officials is very important. Further, we have to keep ourselves updated on the needs and demands of the customers and what other life insurance companies are doing. Keeping all these in view, remaining officials can be utilized on such productive work as R&D. Marketing, Internal Check Inspections. Procurement of business. Monitoring quality of after sales service, etc. The above is by way of examples which is only indicative in nature and not exhaustive.
3. The staff representatives agreed that computerization of Office of DPLI Kolkata is a priority in view of the competition and prevailing market environment. However, staff need to be trained where required ,to work on computer. It was also agreed that those staff who opt to go to other Divisions /Regions and Circles on the willingness may be allowed to do so only against vacant posts in those division/Regions/Circles. That is, posts will continue to remain with PLI, and officials on their willingness may be allowed to go to other Circles /Regions/Division against vacant posts remaining therein, depending on administrative convenience in the interest of service.
4 At present the O/o DPLI has number of Posts vacant. These posts and those likely to arise in future would be deployed elsewhere in other division/regions/circles. This would be done immediately otherwise all such vacant posts would get abolished in accordance with instructions of Govt.
The meeting ended with vote of thanks to the Chair.
List of officers and members of Association
who attended the meeting Official side
1. Shri S.K. Sinha, Chief General Manager (PLI)
2. Shri A.K. Poddar, General Manager
3. Shri R. Sarthakumar, Dy. Divisional, Manager Staff Side
1. Shri M. Krishnan, Secretary General, NFPE
2. Shri Pranab Bhattachargee, General Secretary,
AIP Admn, Offices Employees Union Group C & D(NFPE)
4. Shri. S.P Mukherjee, PA BCR) Vice President, NFPE