Friday, December 23, 2011
1. From which date the various provisions of consolidated instructions on seniority applicable?
Unless specifically, otherwise provided against each instruction, the said instructions are effective from the date of the relevant O.M.by which they were issued, prospectively.
2 To whom the instructions on seniority issued vide DOP&T's O.M.No.20011/1/2008- Estt.(D) dated 10.11.2010 are applicable?
The instructions on seniority issued vide DOP&T's O.M.No.20011/1/2008-Estt.(D)dated 11.11.2010 are applicable in determination of seniority of the Government servants in Central Civil Services and Civil Posts except such Services and Posts for which separate principles have already been issued or may be issued by the Government
3 Whether the instructions on seniority issued by DOP&T are applicable to
PSUs/Autonomous Bodies/Banks etc.?
No. The seniority of the officers working in PSUs/autonomous bodies/ organisations /banks are governed by regulations/instructions issued by concerned Administrative Department/ PSUs/banks etc.
4 How the seniority of all direct recruits is determined?
The seniority of direct recruit is in the order of merit in which they are selected for appointment on the recommendations of UPSC or other selecting authority. The
persons appointed as a result of earlier selection being senior to those appointed on subsequent selection. O.M.No.20011/1/2008-Estt.(D)dated 11.11.2010
5 Whether the seniority of direct recruits is determined by the date of confirmation?
No. The relative seniority of direct recruits that used to be determined earlier according to date of confirmation and not original order of merit (in cases where confirmation was in an order different from order of merit indicated at the time of their appointment) has been discontinued with effect from 4.11.1992. O.M. No. 20011/5/90-Estt. (D) dated 04.11.1992
6. How will the inter-se seniority be fixed if a direct recruit officer joins late ?
Seniority in such cases will be determined according to O.M. No.
9/23/71-Estt.(D) dated 06.06.1978 and O.M. No.35015/2/93-Estt.(D) Dated 09.08.1995
7 How seniority of candidates of two different panels is determined, in case both the panels are received on the same date?
The seniority of candidates of two different panels received on the same date is determined by the following procedure:
(i) Chronology of recommendation letter;
(ii) Where the date of recommendation letter is same, chronology of Interview Board
(iii) Where both (i) and (ii) are also same, then the chronology of requisition made by the respective Ministries/Departments. O.M. No. 20011/1/2008-Estt.(D) dated 11.11.2010
8 How seniority of candidat is determined in case two results of recruitment through examination are announced for selection to same grade or post within the same year.
The seniority of the candidates will be determined as per date of publication/announcement of result. The candidate of the result announced earlier shall be senior to the candidate of the result announced later.
9 How the seniority of the promotee officer is determined?
The inter-se seniority of a officer promoted on the basis of the recommendation of a DPC either by selection or non-selection method as per due procedure, shall be determined as in the feeder grade from which they are promoted. O.M. No. 20011/1/2008-Estt.(D) dated 11.11.2010
10 How seniority of a promote officer is determined in cases where more than one feeder grade is prescribed for promotion to the higher grade and specific quotas are given?
In such cases, the officer in each grade assess a fit by the Departmental Promotion Committee shall be interpolated in the ratio prescribed in each grade
in the Recruitment Rules for the post, for the purpose of determination of seniority(principle of rota quota).
11 Is a SC/ST Government servant promoted by virtue of rule of reservation entitled to consequential seniority?
Yes. A SC/ST Government servant on promotion by virtue of rule of reservation roster will be entitled for consequential seniority. O.M. No. 22011/1/2001-Estt.(D) 21.01.2002
12 Can a General/OBC category Government servant promoted through a later DPC regain his seniority of the feeder grade on promotion to higher grade?
No. A General/OBC category officer promoted through a later DPC will be placed junior to the SC/ST category Government servant promoted through earlier
DPC even though by virtue of rule of reservation. O.M. No. 22011/1/2001-Estt.(D)
13 What is co-relation between seniority in a grade and reservation roster for other grade? OR Whether a candidate is placed in the seniority list of a grade,
as per his position in the reservation roster or viceversa?
There is no co-relation between seniority in a grade and the reservation roster for the said grade. Seniority of an officer is determined as per order of merit given by UPSC or selecting authority or panel of promotion given by DPC. A reservation
roster/points are meant only for identifying the vacancy that goes to a particular category of officer
14 How the relative seniority of direct recruit and promotee is determined?
The relative seniority of direct recruit and promotee is determined according to rotation of vacancies between available direct recruits and promotees which is based on quota of vacancies reserved for direct recruitment and promotion respectively in the recruitment rules. O.M. No. 35014/2/80-Estt.(D) dated 07.02.1986
15 How year of availability in regard to determination of relative seniority of direct
recruits and promotee is determined?
The year of availability, both in case of direct recruit as well as promotee, for the purpose of rotation and fixation of seniority is actual date of appointment after
declaration of result/selection and completion of pre-recruitment formalities, as prescribed. The year of availability is a vacancy year in which a candidate of a
particular batch of selected direct recruitment or an officer of a particular batch of promotee joins the post/service. O.M. No. 22011/1/2006-Estt.(D) dated 03.03.2008
16 Is a candidate appointed against the carry forward vacancy of earlier recruitment year, allow the seniority of the year in which the vacancy arose?
No. The seniority of direct recruits and promotees is delinked from the vacancy and year of vacancy. O.M. No. 35014/2/80-Estt.(D) Dated 07.02.1986
17 What is the starting point in the recruitment roster for the purpose of inter-se seniority of officers through direct recruitment, promotion, absorption etc.
The starting point in the recruitment roster for the purpose of inter-se seniority of officers through direct recruitment, promotion, absorption etc. will be as per provisions contained DOP&T's O.M.No.28011/6/76- Estt.(D) dated 24th June, 1978.
18 How the seniority of an Officer absorbed after being on deputation or absorbed directly without being on deputation determined?
The seniority of an Officer absorbed after being on deputation or absorbed directly without being on deputation, If he has been holding already (on the date of
absorption) the same or equivalent grade on regular basis in his parent department, is determined from the date he has been holding the post on deputation or the date
from which he has been appointed on a regular basis to the same or equivalent grade in his parent department whichever is earlier. The fixation of seniority in aforesaid manner, however, will not effect any regular promotion to the next higher grade made prior to the date of such absorption. O.M. No. 22011/1/2000-Estt.(D) Dated 27.03.2001
19 How seniority of two or more surplus employees of a particular grade in an office determined in the event of their simultaneous selection for re-deployment in another office?
In this case, inter-se seniority in particular grade, on re-deployment in the latter office, would be the same as it was in the previous office. O.M. No. 9/22/68-Estt. (D) Dated 06.02.1969
20 How seniority of a reemployed officer determined?
For determination of seniority of re-employed officer is treated as direct recruit. Where Recruitment Rules of the post against which appointment is being made prescribed re-employment as a distinct mode of recruitment .then the inter-se seniority of persons so re-employed shall be determined in accordance with order of selection. The relative seniority of persons so re-employed in relation to direct recruits and promotees shall be determined: Where the Recruitment Rules prescribes specific quota for each of the categories (direct recruitment, promotion and reemployment) then seniority is determined on the basis of rotation of vacancies based on the said quota. In other cases, on the basis of chronology selection. O.M. No. 20011/3/80-Estt(D) Dated 16.06.1980
21 How the seniority of a meritorious sports person appointed in relaxation of
Recruitment Rules determined?
Where sportsmen are recruited through the Employment Exchange or by direct
advertisement and are considered along with other general category candidates, they may be assigned seniority in the order in which they are placed in the panel for
selection. Where recruitment to a post is through a selection made by the Staff Selection Commission, whether by the competitive examination or otherwise, the
sportsmen recruited in the department themselves should be placed en bloc junior to those who have already been recommended by the Staff Selection Commission. The inter se-seniority of sportsmen will be in the order of selection. O.M.No.14015/1/76-Estt.(D) dated 4.8.1980
22 How the seniority of a person appointed on compassionate grounds is determined?
A person appointed on compassionate ground in a particular year is placed at the bottom of all the candidates recruited/appointed through direct recruitment, promotion etc. in that year, irrespective of date of joining of candidate on compassionate appointment. O.M. No. 20011/1/2008-Estt.(D) dated 11.11.2010
23 How seniority of persons selected for appointment to different posts in the same grade requiring different qualification determined?
The seniority of persons selected for appointment to different posts in the same grade requiring different qualifications is determined as per provisions of para 4.9 of O.M. No. 20011/1/2008-Estt.(D) dated 11.11.2010
POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
NATIONAL UNION OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS
JCA/2011 Dated – 15th December 2011
The Director General
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Postal/RMS/MMS/Administrative & Postal Accounts Employees and the Gramin Dak Sewaks will go on indefinite strike from 17.01.2012. The demands for acceptance of which the employees embark upon this indefinite strike are detailed in the Charter of Demands enclosed.
M. Krishnan D. Theagarajan
Secretary General, NFPE Secretary General, FNPO
K. V. Sridharan D. Kishan Rao
General Secretary, AIPEU Group ‘C’ General Secretary, NAPE Group ‘C’
Ishwar Singh Dabas T. N. Rahate
General Secretary General Secretary
Postmen, MTS & Group ‘D’ NAPE Postmen, MTS & Group ‘D’
Giriraj Singh D. Theagarajan
General Secretary General Secretary
AIRMS & MMS EU Group ‘C’ R-3, FNPO
P. Suresh A. H. Siddique
General Secretary General Secretary
AIRMS & MMS EU MG & Group ‘D’ R-4, FNPO
Pranab Bhattacharjee O.P.KhannaGeneral Secretary General Secretary
AIPAOEU Group C & D Admn. Emp. Association- FNPO
S. S. Mahadevaiah P.U. Muralidharan
General Secretary General Secretary
T. Satyanarayana H.L. Ramteke
General Secretary General Secretary
S. Appanraj S. Sambandam
General Secretary General Secretary
S. A. Raheem Pratha Pratim Ghorai
General Secret General Secretary
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. (a) Drop the Mail Network Optimisation Project (MNOP) and reject the Mckinsey Consultancy’s disastrous recommendations. Inspite of the opposition and disagreement expressed by the staff side in the MNOP Committee, the Department is going ahead with the implementation of L1, L2 (hub system for first class mails). Further the request for additional intra-circle speed post hubs proposed by the staff side is not yet fully implemented. Change of administrative jurisdiction of speed post hubs from Postal side to RMS side is also not considered favourably.
(b) Stop closure/merger of Post offices including Branch Post offices. Even though it was assured by the Secretary (Posts) in the minutes of the discussion held on 01.07.2011, that there will be no closure/merger of Post offices, except simultaneous relocation, instructions in this regard are yet to be communicated to the Circle/Regional heads. Even now some Regional heads are closing Post offices indiscriminately.
(c) Drop the proposed move to introduce delivery hubs for delivery of articles by withdrawing delivery from all town sub post offices in the urban areas. Orders for rotation of the Sorting Postmen work among Beat Postman may be withdrawn.
(d) Review CRC, EPP and logistics norms.
2. Grant status as Central Government Civil Servants to Gramin Dak Sevaks employees for all purposes including service matters, pay scale, increment, allowances, pension, promotion, leave, bonus, trade unions rights and other terminal benefits. Scrap the new Recruitment rules for appointment of postmen by 25% outside recruitment which curtails the promotional avenues of GDS and restore the previous Recruitment rules. Enhance the bonus ceiling of GDS to 3500/- at par with regular employees. Withdraw the tightened norms for cash handling, stamp sale, and other norms for assessing the workload of BPMs, stop reduction of TRCA in case of reduction in workload. Modify the orders restricting compassionate appointment of GDS. Scrap the newly notified “GDS Conduct & Engagement Rules” and restore the previous “GDS Conduct and Employment Rules”. Fill up all GDS Mailmen Posts in RMS. Providing norms for NREGS. Inspite of assurances to reconsider the orders, no favourable orders have been issued so far.
3. Revise the wages of casual labourers including part-time and contingent employees w.e.f. 1.1.2006 as per Supreme Court orders based on the minimum pay implemented as per Sixth CPC recommendations. Stop outsourcing the work of casual labourers and contingent employees. Grant temporary Status to all full time casual labourers. Convert part-time into full-time by combination of duties. Absorb all part-time casual and contingent employees creating GDS posts. Inspite of favourable assurances during discussion no orders have been issued so far.
4. Immediate revision of OTA rates and stop recovery of OTA paid to officials who are engaged compulsorily on OTA overlooking the pay-ceiling.
5. Implement the assurances made on 12.07.2010 strike settlement and also in the JCM Departmental Council Meeting held on 23.08.2010. Ensure prompt holding of Departmental Council Meetings. Inspite of assurance that next JCM meeting will be held within one month, no meeting has been notified so far.
6. Immediate finalization of Cadre Restructuring proposals including Postal Accounts as assured by the Secretary Department of Posts and its implementation. Inspite of the assurance that the proposals will be finalized within one month, the process is still in the initial stage.
7. Stop decentralization of Postal Accounts, PLI and RPLI and ensure status-quo. Save DPLI office, Kolkata and ensure job security to the staff of DPLI. Certain items of work relating to PLI has been decentralized unilaterally.
8. Expedite the process of filling of all vacant posts in all wings including GDS. Create additional new post wherever workload is heavy. 2/3 posts for the period up to 2008 kept in skeleton may be redeployed to offices where additional post is justified.
9. Ensure 100% filling up of LSG, HSG-II, HSG-I promotional posts before implementation of Postmasters Cadre, remove the retrograde eligibility conditions for appearing the examination of Grade I and PSS Group B and allow Account line officials also.
10. Create the System Administrators posts as assured with specified norms and other works and make it a separate cadre as a promotional cadre to PA/SA.
11. Stop combination of beats /double duty, stop harassment of staff insisting 100% impracticable condition for delivery under Project Arrow. Settle the demands raised in the Postmen Committee such as distance factor, number of articles, Grant of Cycle allowance without distance condition, cash payment for uniform and kit items, Supply of good quality uniforms, Revision of norms. Stop imposing unmanageable workload on staff in the name of verification of applications and delivery of Adhar cards to public. Settle the items already submitted by Postmen Unions.
12. Fixing norms for newly assigned works of Multi Tasking Staff. Allow to decline postman promotion for MTS under seniority quota without loosing MACP promotions and review the recruitment rules of MTS to Postmen / Mail Guards.
13. Grant promotions to Drivers / Artisans at par with other C.G. organizations like Railways/Defence. Higher Pay Scales to charge hand & Drivers.
14. Declare SBCO Staff as Divisional cadre, Stop harassment of SBCO officials under contributory factors. Complete the Ledger Agreement Work and update the SBCO before launching Core Banking.
15. Fill up all Postal Civil Wing and Electrical Wing posts as per CPWD norms. Creation of one Civil Circle and Electrical and Architectural Division in every Circle. Expedite the Restructuring of Civil Wing Cadres. Restrict the transfer of non-gazetted staff within the concerned Postal Circle only. Retain Head clerk designation instead of Assistant and declare Head clerk as supervisory posts.
16. Ensure full fledge functioning of newly formed Postal Accounts Offices by providing adequate Staff strength and accommodation. Rectify the anomaly/discrimination caused due to the promotion of Gr.D officials under SCF quota to the cadre of LDC after 2006 ignoring the seniors in the Sorting cadre. Grant MACP to those joined in Sorter cadre treating LDC as entry grade as the Sorter grade has been defunct since 2000. Grant Gr.B non-Gezetted status to Senior Accountants as declared by the DOP. Stop recovery from the DEOs of Chennai PAO. Expedite the process of filling up of vacant posts in the Postal Accounts Wing.”.
17. Counting of past services rendered by erstwhile RTPs for promotions and MACP.
18. Implement Apex Court Judgment in case of RRR Candidates in true sprit and extend to all approved RRR Candidates awaiting for absorption.
19. Stop Harassing and victimization of innocent officials under contributory negligence factors. Implement the true spirit of Govt. orders and Volumes and no recovery should be made if the concerned is not directly responsible for the loss sustained to the department.
20. Stop discrimination towards PO & RMS Accounts Cadre, Create separate cadre and earmark percentage of posts for norm based promotions in the same cadre, Count Special Allowance for fixation on promotion, Withdraw the recovery imposed on Postman Pay fixation and drawal of bonus to GDS. Restore the date of passing the Accountant examination for according LSG promotions instead date of entry in PA cadre.
21. Enhance the LR strength on all cadres to the extent of 20% and fill up all vacant LR posts.
22. Ensure prompt grant of Child Care Leave as per the liberalized orders, unnecessary hurdles put forth should be dropped.
23. Review the MACP clarificatory orders and rectify the issues like, non drawal of special allowance on acquiring MACP, wrong interpretation of IIIrd MACP to departmental promotes only after 30 years, Counting as double promotions as Group D & Postmen even in the case of promotion to Postman on GDS quota, non counting of training period for MACP, ignore promotions acquired on deptl. exam for MACP, ignore all uncommunicated average bench marks for MACP as per Judicial verdict. Ensure prompt holding of DPCs at Circle and Divisional level as per DOP&T latest instructions. Grant of Grad pay 1900, 2000 with effect from 01.01.2006 to those Group D (MTS) who were given TBOP/BCR before 1.01.2006 with pay fixation benefits at every stage.
24. Vacate victimization and condone/drop FR-17A in Maharashtra Circle .Stop attack on Union office bearers by misusing Rule 37 transfers and Rule 9 of CCS (CCA) Rules. Dispose all Rule 9 (Pension rules) disciplinary cases and review petition cases pending at Directorate years together.25. Denying the legitimate right of employees to avail holidays & Sundays by compelling them to attend frequent meetings/Melas arranged by the department. Inspite of the instructions issued by Directorate, some of the lower authorities are still compelling the staff to attend melas and meetings on Sundays and holidays.