(By Com. P.Panduranga Rao,General Secretary)
The 1st Extended Central Working Committee meeting of our AIPEU GDS[NFPE] was held under the leadership of our CHQ President Comrade Bijoy Gopal Sur on 23.05.2012 at Sundarayya Vighyan Khendra, Hyderabad [AP]. The CWC commenced with the hoisting of NFPE flag and GDS Union flag by Comrades Bijoy Gopal Sur CHQ President and Vijay Krishna Vice President of GDS Union of AP respectively amidst slogans renting the air
The Reception Committee headed by Comrades K.Ramachandram Convenor Postal Circle Co-ordination Committee, DASV.Prasad, CS P3, SSRA.Prasad ,Assistant Circle Secretary P3 and K.N.Chari Treasurer, GDS Union AP Circle has made excellent arrangements for the conduct of the CWC as well as the accommodation of CWC Members and participants.
The CWC was inaugurated by our beloved Secretary General, NFPE Comrade M.Krishnan. The CWC was attended and addressed by Comrdes K.Ragavendran [Working President of Confederation of CG Employees & Workers]; K.V.Sridharan [General Secretary P3]; Ishwar Singh Dabas [General Secretary P4]; Giriraj Singh [General Secretary R3]; R.Seethalakshmi [Assistant Secretary General NFPE]; P.Mohan [General Secretary Postal Casual Labour Union]; R.Shivannarayana [Deputy GS P3]; Veeramani [AGS P3]; Y.Nagabooshanam [Working President Casual Labour Union]; K.Ramachandram [AGS & Circle Secretary Admn Union]; Sk.Humayun [CHQ President P4]; DASV.Prasad [Circle Secretary P3 AP]; R.J.Madhusudana Rao [Circle Secretary R3 AP]; and Comrade M.Nagavardhana Rao [RJCM Leader AP]. All General Secretaries and other leaders assured total cooperation and solid support to our GDS Union in building a strong organisation for us as well as in unitedly fighting to win the issues of GDS. They guided us to function democratically and with the motto of unity and struggle for advancement of the cause of GDS.
During the inaugural session, the first copy of the All India journal of our union “ GDS Crusader” was released by the General Secretary of P4 Union Comrade Ishwar Singh Dabas and was received by Comrade Giriraj Singh General Secretary R3 & Com.V.Vijayakrishna, Circle Vice President, GDS.
All the CWC Members narrated the actual organisational position in their respective Circles. It was observed that the 1st Circle Conference of AIPEU GDS [NFPE] has been successfully held at Kerala Circle. Each Circle position explained by the CWC Members enthused all as it was clear from the deliberations that the GDS are joining our Union en-mass in many circles and in many divisions in different circles. The CWC also noted the Circles where the process of enrolling membership has not picked up momentum and decided to take appropriate organisational measures including intensive tour by the CHQ Office Bearers to expedite the formation of our union in all circles.
Important Decisions:The CWC after the inaugural session in which all the above leaders elaborately dealt with the issues of GDS and the task before our GDS Union in resolving them through united organisational measurers and struggles sat in its subjects committee. All the Office Bearers and Circle Secretaries participated in the discussion on all matters of agenda items.
The CWC unanimously adopted a Constitution for the AIPEU GDS [NFPE].
II. The following important decisions have been taken unanimously on the issues of GDS:
1. A Draft 32 Points Charter of Demands that has been prepared by the CWC covering all the demands of the three lakhs of GDS employees will be placed in the CHQ website, inviting further suggestions for improvement by the rank and file. The entire attention of our organisation will be focussed to win the above demands through a united movement of Postal Employees under the able guidance of the NFPE.
2. A Programme of Action starting with a day- long Dharna/Demonstration in front of all the Chief Postmasters General Offices/Postmaster Generals Offices/Divisional Offices will be organised on 28-06-2012.
3. After participating in the March to Parliament on 26th July, 2012 called for by the Confederation of CG Employees and the All India Convention organised by the NFPE on the same day at New Delhi, a massive Dharna exclusively for the GDS Demands will be organised in front of Parliament on 27.07.2012.
4. A comprehensive Memorandum on GDS Demands and issues will be submitted to the Government and the Department on the day of our Dharna on 27th July, 2012. Further the memorandum will be submitted to the Govt. through MPs also.
5. Meeting the Honourable MoC&IT at a later date to focus attention on our urgent Demands after the Dharna before the Parliament.
III. The following decisions have been taken on our Union Organisation:
1. Conduct the enrolment of membership to our union in all circles at the earliest and organise divisional conferences and then Circle Conferences during the months of August, September and October to elect leadership democratically at all levels. The first All India Conference will thereafter be held in Andhra Pradesh in the month of December,2012 / January,2013.
2. To build a strong subscriber base to our CHQ journal GDS Crusader by collecting the annual subscription of Rs.60/- per member.
IV. Decisions on Finance of our Union:
The CWC unanimously decided to strengthen the financial position of our CHQ as an urgent measure and various Circles have been given quota of donations to be completed within a time frame before 15th June, 2012. The CWC noted with thanks that ‘GUDUR NFPE UNIONS’ the home division of our General Secretary have donated a laptop to the GDS General Secretary for efficient functioning.
The new union AIPEU GDS[NFPE] has been necessitated in order to achieve major gains for the GDS through unity with all regular employees unions under the NFPE. We cannot win without uniting with all under the NFPE unlike some who thrive on anti-federation and anti-unity tirades that only weaken the cause of the three lakhs GDS. Trade Union democracy will be the cornerstone of our functioning and unity with all and struggle for emancipation of GDS will be our direction. Whatever we have achieved had been the result of united struggle by the entirety of the Postal Employees Movement and not the result of any one organisation or individual. Let us understand that very clearly and take a resolve to strengthen our comradely bonds with all organisations and function shoulder to shoulder. Let us go to every GDS in the country and explain the reality in total and build a very strong trade union organisation for the GDS that really wins
With revolutionary greetings,
GDS CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Departmentalization of Gramin Dak Sevaks and grant of all benefits of departmental employees to GDS.
2. Constitute 7th CPC and refer GDS wage revision also to the consideration of Pay Commission.
3. Merge 50% DA with TRCA of GDS.
4. Cancel the new GDS (Conduct & Engagement) Rules, 2011 and restore GDS (Conduct & Employment) Rules.
5. Ensure minimum statutory monthly pension of Rs.3500/- to GDS and grant other pensionery benefits like gratuity etc., based on the formula applicable to departmental employees and under Gratuity Act 1972. Extend family pension facility to GDS also.
6. Grant three time bound financial up gradations to all GDS on 10th, 20th and 25th year.
7. Enhance the bonus quantum ceiling from Rs.2500/- to Rs.3500/- and end the discrimination.
8. Reduce cash handling norms from Rs.20,000 to Rs.4,000 and also stamp sale norms.
9. Ensure full protection of existing TRCA when there is fall in the work load. TRCA should not be reduced under any circumstances.
10. Remove the 25% outside recruitment quota for Postman Recruitment and 100% Postman vacancies be given to GDS.
11. Remove the 50 points compulsory condition for compassionate appointment and provide compassionate appointment to all eligible dependents.
12. Introduce medical reimbursement scheme for GDS.
13. Grant full trade union facilities including special casual leave and foreign service facilities to GDS Union representatives.
14. Grant 6 months maternity leave to female GDS instead of three months.
15. Grant all advances to GDS at par with regular employees.
16. Grant full transfer facility to GDS. Grant protection of the existing TRCA on transfer.
17. Grant revised TRCA slabs upto 125 points to BPMs based on the workload as on 01.01.2006.
18. Stop combination of duties of GDSMD with that of BPM as it will result in restriction of business hours of BO thereby causing loss of revenue.
19. Enhance age limit for the departmental examination for promotion to the cadre of Postal Assistant from GDS at par with Postman cadre.
20. Modify date of superannuation of GDS as the last working day of the month.
21. Remove the ceiling limit of Rs.50 for cash allowance for conveyance of cash from BO to AO and vice versa.
22. Grant of LTC and home town LTC facilities to GDS.
23. Remove the discrimination in grant of welfare assistance to GDS in respect of prolonged illness, Book awards, educational assistance etc,.
24. Provide norms for MNREGS work at par with SB transactions and also cash conveyance from BO to AO and vice versa.
25. Cancel the embargo of fixing of minimum TRCA in respect of new appointees. Minimum should be the entitled TRCA drawn by the earlier incumbent. No fresh statistics to be compiled.
26. Fix norms for all new items of work entrusted to GDS and until then grant enhanced incentives.
27. Payment of rent for BO to be borne by the department and till that time grant enhancement of Office Maintenance Allowance.
28. Redeployment of GDS should not be done beyond 5 kms and full protection of TRCA should be given in case of redeployment from one post to another.
29. Prompt issuing of SDBS cards to all GDS employees.
30. Grant Children Educational Allowance and small family incentive to all GDS.
31. Fill up all GDS posts in RMS and convert GDS MM posts as MTS.
32. Make early payment of RPLI incentive and remove the minimum condition and maximum
limit in grant of NREGS incentive